For all your Demolition requirements:
01304 213960 | 07860 954381
(Dave Goymer, Demolition Manager)
Dover Demolition take pride in offering clear and precise advice when helping Maidstone customers to get the most out of our skip hire services. If you’re a potential domestic or commercial client looking for a skip, the handy tips on this page can be put to good use immediately. Don’t forget that we also undertake demolitions as part of our service range.
1. Before you order a skip, you’ll need to work out exactly where it will be placed at your Maidstone home, business or site. It will need to be positioned on a flat and stable surface, and in a space without any obstacles surrounding the skip hire unit itself. This could prevent it from being picked up safely once full.
2. When our driver arrives, let him know the spot you’ve chosen. If the driver sees an issue, he’ll let you know what it could be. We’ve heard about previous demolitions in Maidstone where a skip was positioned in the wrong place and was subsequently unable to be moved until all work around it had taken place, which ran into weeks.
3. If a skip is going to be left on the road outside your Maidstone property, make sure that a permit is applied for. Let us know and we can obtain one on your behalf. Permits last for up to 28 days. Dover Demolition recommend outdoor lights are included into skip hire packages to make skips visible to oncoming traffic at night.
4. When loading a domestic skip, place the larger heavier items in first and try and fill out with smaller items around it or on top. This means you’ll be able to get more rubbish inside and it evens out the load. We recommend that Maidstone customers opt for a skip size that can contain all waste so you don’t have to order more.
5. With commercial skip hire, we use similar rules for filling but have to be very strict when collecting a skip that has been overfilled with waste. We may have to instruct the customer to take out any rubbish causing issues. Dover Demolition have skips up to 45 yards in size, so there’s always something suitable for your Maidstone project.
6. As part of our demolition services, we supply skip hire to help clear waste from sites in Maidstone. This works out a lot cheaper than using an outside contractor to take care of rubble, infrastructure materials and other waste separately. Waste from demolitions can be collected daily before being fully recycled back at our depot.
7. Although we collect most items for Maidstone clients, we are duty bound not to collect hazardous waste such as fridges, freezers, asbestos, tyres, oil or paint. If you have any doubts over what to deposit into a skip, please call us now. We’ll be only too happy to provide clarity over allowed waste from clearances or demolitions.